The Computer Support Services department seeks a staff assistant to aid senior Information Technology team members with installing, maintaining, reviewing and modifying the College's data network. In addition, job responsibilities include providing assistance to the Desktop Support team as needed, providing network support for VoIP systems and PBX and participating as team member in evaluation of current and future hardware and software needs.
• Associate's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 3 years of related experience in the field.
• Experience in installing and supporting complex, technological systems.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
• Familiarity with a major scripting language such as PHP, Perl, VB.
• Experience with client/server systems on Windows and Linux/UNIX/Mac OS, UNIX platforms preferred.
• Experience working as part of an information technology team.
• Ability to collaborate with individuals across the college.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, position in the APA bargaining unit. The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $55,000.